View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #2883
Gonzo
feel the madness

Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito 22 View Post
Eli apologists will say the fumble was not his fault. But I disagree. You have to hold the ball for dear life no matter what in that situation.

Not gonna go ahead and say he's a shitty QB like so many will tomorrow on WFAN, but god damn man. Chill with the stupid mistakes.
The fumble is definitely his fault. No doubt. That said...

One thing I don't think anyone is criticizing about the Giants this year is their offensive line. It has sucked. There has been some minor injuries where guys have missed games but nothing significant. The run blocking is god awful. The pass blocking is real suspect at times too. There has been games where Eli has played well in spite of this, but last night was not one of them.

I couldn't tell from the stands if it was Babin or Cole, but McKenzie was getting bull rushed all the way into Eli on a 5 step drop. Ridiculous.

I also think that the Giants have come to rely on getting pressure from rushing four on defense too much. They just don't dial anything up if that's not working.