View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #13
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Miz is a good heel in a proportionate role. He's able to suck less than he did in 2011 by mere virtue of experience, but he's not the main eventer that people think he is. He's great as unwanted salad beside your streak; I really don't think him winning the Royal Rumble and being the face you put on your WrestleMania poster this year is going to be the raging success people think it will be.

The Miz & Maryse vs. Dean Ambrose & Renee Young? Something like that for The Miz is fine. He gets to be a heel and put shit on people you are supposed to care about. Him getting squashed in an IC Title match by a debuting Nakamura? Something like that is fine -- you pay to see his smug face get shoved up his own ass. That is the appeal of The Miz and why he is so valuable to the WWE. Here is a guy that could actually make people care about Apollo Crews if he talked about how he had no leading man charisma to ever be the multi-tiered star the WWE needs to carry them through 2017 right into the 2030's. That's his wheelhouse.

I'm also not a big fan of the Royal Rumble Winner being in a low match at WrestleMania. The WWE used to do this all the time, and I think it honestly hurt the idea of the Rumble and the belts themselves. Who honestly cared about the World Heavyweight Title when it opened? Who can honestly say that the Rumble helped Sheamus or Del Rio? I want to see the Royal Rumble Winner be the main event at Mania, so that people can start putting emphasis back on that match as one that pushes talent into a proper spotlight and not just a mid-card opportunity at "World Title B."

It won't happen that way. The WWE likes spreading the wealth, so the Rumble Winner gets a television match and the real main event's challenger is who really should have won the Rumble. They think they're spreading the wealth, but what they are really doing is spreading themselves thin.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote