View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #208
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've always been a fan of battle royals anyway, but I've loved the concept of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. They used to always do a special DVD bonus battle royal or lumberjack match anyway to get everyone on the show anyway...and I like that they did that.

Not everybody should be in a title match or have a prominent place on the show, but I DO think everybody deserves a chance to wrestle in front of the largest crowd of the year at the biggest event in the industry. The jobbers work their asses off all year with the grind of the travel schedule, too.

Formally having the Andre battle royal just ensures everybody will have a place. And even though the match is mostly midcard or lower talent, you could theoretically use it as a springboard to elevate somebody. That's what they seemed to be trying to do with Cesaro and Baron Corbin, even if their post-Mania booking didn't reflect that.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote