View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #33
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Don't have time to read this whole thing, but yes, I do. Agree with the assessment that she has a charisma that allows her to connect with people, which is really important, but she's a female Zack Ryder.

I'm still bitter she cut off Becky Lynch's story to beating Sasha Banks, and while her ascension in NXT was charming and a wonderful story, you cannot exactly tell it again on the main roster. People have seen Bayley. Main roster WWE is also a much more stoic place. She'll have to survive without every other week being dedicated to the next well calculated block in her personal story. She's going to have to get used to filler, no-selling her losses and not relying on momentum to fuel her crowd reactions.

I was high on women's wrestling for a while, but it really is smoke and mirrors. A Diva is your SmackDown Women's Champion, the RAW Women's Title moves around about as much as the Hardcore Title did before they started changing it on house shows, the personalities are still hollow and one-dimensional and the only real star seems to be Charlotte. Sasha, Bayley and Becky are somewhat over, but I think people "like" them as opposed to truly believing in them.

If we didn't do this fucking brand split, we could be en route to a Clash of the Four Horsewomen at Mania this year. Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky vs. Bayley in Orlando would be off the hook. Becky could have done her shit with Alexa and Mickie without a belt; Nia could still be finding her feet; Paige could still fuck up and fuck off; Emma could still be teased for months on end; Nikki could still do her Fearless shit, whatever that means; and Natalya could still be the veteran presence stretching people. And there would be one championship so people would still know who the best is. For people to care about a championship, I think they need to care about a division -- otherwise why does being the champion of that division mean anything? People do not care about the women's division, because 20% of the women on each roster holds a championship, and that is truthfully not much of an exaggeration. That's what being a Women's Champion means -- top 20th percentile. You'd be more over if you rolled a 1 on a die.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote