View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #29
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
I've never understood why they don't just get "real announcers". Cole, Booker K, Lawler and JBL have all been doing this long enough to know WWE's style, why not let them wing it? I mean, it gets to a point where the people who are screaming in their ears throughout the whole show and know what they wanna hear... why don't they commentate themselves?

I remember a few years ago there were "reports" that Vince wasn't at a Smackdown taping, and Triple H was in charge and he left the announcers to do it on their own, only briefly giving them instructions, and they supposedly were very positive about it because they liked not having people constantly talking in their ears.
Branding is important. WWE believes in that. Some of these guys cannot be trusted to just wing it. I actually completely understand WWE's positioning on this.

I'm not saying it's what I would do, but I get the logic and think there is merit to it.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote