View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:10 AM   #35
Wishbone
I'm a loner, Dottie...

Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Wishbone puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Saw a pre-screening of this on Tuesday. Was a pretty damn fun movie. It's not gonna win an Oscar, and if you can't stand cheesy, fan pandering movies then you should give it a skip. However, if any part of you has ever liked dinosaurs you owe it to yourself to go check it out. The adult in me was trying to question certain things that didn't make any logical sense, but that adult was quickly drowned out by the kid in me screaming at the top of his lungs "THIS IS MOTHER FUCKING AWESOME!".

Oh, and I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep this brief and vague, but if you hated Jurassic Park 3 you will fucking love this movie.

Spoilers ahead for those that don't mind.

SPOILER: show
If you hated the Spinosaurus killing the T-Rex then you'll love that the "D-Rex" doesn't get the killing blow. In fact they tease that only to have every 10 year old boy's dream come true by having the T-Rex and a Raptor team up to kick its ass and feed it to a god damn Mosasaur. However, the cheese factor is played up BAD here so be prepared. The T-Rex and Raptor even nod at each other after the fight and go their separate ways. Oh, and Owen (Chris Pratt's character) does in fact lead the raptor pack into battle and has trained them to follow his commands. Yes, it's cheesy and fan pandering as all hell but if you try and tell me you didn't dream about doing just that at least once in your life you're a god damn liar. :P The "D-Rex" is also NOT part human like a lot of people have suspected. It's part squid so it can change color, part T-Rex for the big, scary dino thing, and part raptor so it can be super smart. All that sounds pretty corny but honestly it sorta works in the context of the movie. Oh, and one last thing. They're clearly setting up for a franchise. Doctor Wu who played an almost non-existant role in JP 1 comes back and is essentially the mastermind behind the 'D-Rex". INGEN takes him and his work off site at the end so they can weaponize the mutant dinosaurs. So basically if this one wasn't cheesy enough we're going full on sci-fi monster flick next time it seems.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote