View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #271
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A question about Owens/Jericho:

Who is the babyface in that feud? It feels very similar to the Rollins/Triple H stuff in that it would seem logical to turn the fresh young kid face, but thus far there are no endearing traits being displayed. Rollins didn't get confident and start proving himself in competition, earning the ire of "Daddy" who wasn't needed anymore. Owens is losing all his non-title matches and looking like a coward constantly.

Jericho's persona is honestly more interesting and he could very easily get pops by just rehearsing his shtick, but it is so obviously a heel gig. Whenever Jericho turns face all that stuff is dropped and he becomes Y2J Classic again. I mean, I love Jericho, but remember him from the AJ Styles feud? I was quite fine with him, but I completely got why so many people were underwhelmed and were like "Just go away, Jericho."

I honestly can't see how you get to Owens/Jericho when both have been such cowardly babies. I think Owens is better served as being a babyface, but unless Jericho costs him the Universal Title on purpose and really dials up the heat, I can't really see how people are supposed to feel too sorry for Owens, given that he is clearly using Jericho, and frankly dependent on him.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote