View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #278
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
He's been doing good stuff for a while, far before his U.S. title resurgence run. When he has a good opponent, he's just as money as anybody.

Undertaker is a good opponent. You make it sound like Taker is done and hasn't produced quality matches in recent history. He has. With Lesnar, who's reputation as an in ring performer has deteriorated in his second run. He and Taker tore the house down at Summer Slam and HIAC in 2015.

These are two of the biggest names in the last 10 years and the last real dream match left. I cannot fathom why anyone would be against it.

The body of work for each men speak enough, to me, to give them the benefit of the doubt. Especially Cena's run as a legitimate top in ring performer.

The build is already there. The biggest star of his era looks to knock off the franchise player of the company and take his place as the new living legend.
Lol, Brock Lesnar is someone very special. Brock can shit out masterpieces and is really undervalued for how good he is. When he works with Taker he does magic because it's Taker so Brock wants to be magic. He just tosses around mid-carders because why break a sweat and bust your mystique?

Undertaker, *sigh*, I'm just going to say it -- the dude isn't as good in the ring as people say he is. When he's got a great opponent he is great, but he needs that great opponent. You say that Cena is that guy, but I think he works with other guys that are great. When you have two guys that work to the level of their opponent, you often get a fucking borefest. Has Taker really had a great match with anyone that isn't great? So we're left discussing the greatness of John Cena, and I'd like to know when he last carried someone. Cesaro, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Cody Rhodes, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and whoever else Cena tore the house down with have never needed to be helped in that regard, lol. Cena could keep up with them, but he won't be "keeping up" with Taker.

Sometimes you don't do the dream match. Remember Vince vs. Bret? You don't just do it because it is there. Your story outline for it means that Cena has to win, surely? Otherwise you're going to have a part-time Cena that was never as good as the legend. And if Cena knocks him off as the living legend, then Taker has to go, surely? And if Taker is still good why do you want him to go? Think about the crowd reaction if Cena pins The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Cena has been building so much good will. Are you really ready to go back to Super Cena? And think about what happens if The Undertaker wins. It's a continuance of the status quo, which is exactly what is wrong with the WWE creatively.

There are plenty of reasons to not want to see this match, lol. I've never been a massive fan of either man, personally. That's one. I feel like the timing is wrong. That's two. I feel that neither gets anything out of it. That's three. There are the directional problems I pointed out, and even if you consider them minor, that's four. There are far more interesting things for each man to do. That's five. I feel it will be a "Cena is the best" wankfest that regresses his persona. That's six. I honestly think the match will suck. That's seven. I could probably keep going.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote