View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #724
VonErichLives
DU's illegitimate brother

VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
fyi - that photo of a guy on the Jets sidelines was not it.

Fox had a clip of the tape (nice work nfl...)

It was from the Pats sideline, they'd video the 2-3guys giving signals and then the board with the down/distance so it can be matched after the game.

Jimmy Johnson was funny, after the clip "yep, that's how a scout from the Chiefs taught me to do it 19yrs ago, it never really helped me so I stoped doing it".

Johnson did admit after a game he'd have an intern go through the opposing teams press box and take their trash for any info (game plans) they through out.

Howie Long talked about how every team does that or something like it and anyone who believes otherwise is Naieve.

Bradshaw blasted Belicheck saying he was to good of a coach to need to do that. Also that this is a case of a lot of people laying in tall grass (I think it was howie who said this) to kick belicheck out of jealousy and this was their chance.

I do find it interesting that they all did agree (like a few of us have been saying) it wasn't as much what he did but how/where. Howie hit it on the head, he didn't do it from a press box, he did it on a well policed nfl sidelines in NY (the doorstep of the NFL headquarters).

I also saw in the paper where Chad Johnson defended the Patriots to some extent.

anyway, hopefully this is dead... until the Pats host the Jets when I'm sure it will be a big issue.

I also found it interesting that Peter King said as much as people don't like Belicheck, most nfl coaches now hate Mangini because they feel he's a Rat since he most likely knew about the Patriots doing that when he was there and then used it against his former mentor.