View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Arashi Kage
Painkiller

Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Arashi Kage has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Hey Pens fans, should Eddie O get the boot?

I wasn't happy about the Pens hiring Eddie O from day 1. Not that I have anything against Eddie O, but I didn't think he was anywhere near the best choice for coach. Ted Nolan applied for the job and was again denied, and Larry Robinson was available at the time and had turned down the Rangers, saying he wanted to coach a young team.

I think it was Ivan Hlinka who was fired after losing the first 4 games of the last season. The Pens are winless and are currently losing 4-1 to Philly. This isn't the same young, no-name roster anymore. On paper, the Pens (although still rather weak on defense) are far better than Washington, the Isles, and Carolina, perhaps Buffalo, and these teams are doing far better, especially Buffalo.

I really think that a change behind the bench to an experienced & successful coach could make a world of difference for this team.

lol, even before the season started when some people were saying that the Pens were potential contenders now, I was saying that my only worry about the team was Eddie O as the coach.