View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:09 AM   #49
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I'd love to see taker win it one last time too....however he just doesn't have enough in the tank to be champion imo. Even a once every few months champion like lesnar. Taker is past that point.

I also think taker should put over bray at his last mania. Bray is the spiritual successor to the taker gimmick so it's only fitting. The only other way I would go of your putting taker in it is to have him win the title from wyatt at wm due to interference from orton, who is trying to help bray but inadvertently screws up. then he promptly invokes his wm match clause for being the rumble winner and beats taker for the title. This leads to the tension that cause orton to split from wyatt eventually.
It would be too much to expect Taker to beat both Wyatt and Orton during the same night perhaps.

I think if they were going to go with Wyatt being the successor they'd have already had him beat Taker at WM 31 which I think should have been the case instead of Lesnar.

Taker could hold and defend the title sporadically maybe dropping it to Cena at Summer Slam.

I do think a final match between Taker and Lesnar closing out WM 34 in the Super Dome would be a fitting farewell.

Beyond this year I would also question what is really left for Lesnar in the WWE. He's certainly not old but beyond this Goldberg feud and the scenario with the Undertaker what's left? Maybe a feud with Orton and Wyatt but wouldn't be too exciting. Jericho? Nope. Owens? Nope. Cena again would be tedious and I don't think we will see another Triple H v Lesnar and indeed, I don't see the Rock coming back for "one last match" against Lesnar. The Rock is firmly a Hollywood star, maybe an appearance here and there but he ain't wrestling any more unless some weird-ass celeb tag match or something.

No idea if Lesnar wants to go back into MMA but as I said once this feud is done, there really seems to be nothing left for Lesnar even as a part-time player and so I think in view of their respective matches, a build up to a final feud between Taker and Lesnar would be the way to go. Taker avenges his defeat at WM 34 and that's the end of Taker's career. EDIT: Lesnar has retired from MMA.

I think Goldberg beating Lesnar is the way to go too. Another squash win would sell the fans short. A more drawn out brutal match but with Goldberg coming out on top again. Vince doesn't like to have the WCW guys come out on top especially at WM (see Sting) but I think Goldberg coming back was a huge moment and he is owed his moment in the spotlight. Lesnar already has arguably the biggest moment in Wrestle Mania/WWE history so him losing to Goldberg wouldn't be a biggie. It would seem out of character but would maybe like to see them both shake hands at the end, not a friendly embrace but just an acknowledgement from Lesnar in the vein of HBK i.e. "I had to know for myself and now I do". Goldberg needs his standout WWE/WM moment and I hope they'll give it to him before he retires.

That then sets up the scene for Taker and Lesnar. Lesnar comes out on Raw and laments his performances against Goldberg as the blot on his career and then says he done everything else there is to be done and that conquering the streak is his. Then out comes Undertaker, Lesnar taunts him, Taker acknowledges that Lesnar's win tarnished his career and he wants to avenge that one last time before retiring.

I think they should build up to that as Taker's final match regardless of the result.

Lesnar will still wrestle the odd match beyond WM 34 but they should make WM 34 all about Taker.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote