View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #759
Hardkore Kidd J
Time to Nut Up or Shut up

Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Hardkore Kidd J has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
No they didn't. Those championship years had a ton of guys through trades and free agency. The whole notion that the Yankees don't have homegrown players is wrong now anyway. They only have a couple big FA guys on their team right now. CC, A-Rod, Tex and Soriano. Almost everyone else is a result of their farm system. Either by call ups or trades.

The biggest problem is obviously that A-Rod and Tex are declining. A-Rod isn't a surprise being that he's 36 now. I guess Tex isn't either considering he's been declining since after 2009 but its still surprising he started declining that early in his career. He is really useless right now.

Another problem is just the way their offense is constructed in the first place. Its happened a lot in the postseason in recent years - the team can't score any runs because most of the guys will just swing for the fences every time. The only guys that can realistically hit near .300 are Cano and Jeter.

Injuries haven't helped at all this year with Pineda and Rivera being out for the year. And Gardner, Robertson, etc...on the DL.

All that said I still think they'll be fine and make the postseason. They're in last place and still only 5.5 games out. I expect the whole AL East to continue beating up on each other and no team really running away with it.
In fact A-rod isn't even a free agent. I think he may have been traded to us for Alfonso Soriano right? I really don't see what their problem is right now, the Yankees seem to be capable. I still am not gonna give up despite it being Mid-May.