View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #93
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The WWE clearly wants Bo Dallas to be the star of this thing, and the dude is young and has that "Superstar" vibe. His Spear did not look the most vicious this week, though. I suspect that Bo will get over with the crowd, though (he already sort of is), and that he'll be promoted to either the RAW or SmackDown! roster pretty quickly. Either that or they'll create an NXT Championship for him.

I loved the Seth Rollins video, actually. I've heard fantastic things about Rollins in the ring, but not so many great things about his promo skills and personality. This video really hid that well. He talked clearly and confidently (granted, this was an edited video), and he seemed like a star. I could see this guy being the first major break-out star of the new NXT experiment, even though there are probably a few guys who would prefer that to go to Bo Dallas or Richie Steamboat first.

Bray Wyatt's character is amazing, and what I really love about this new NXT is the different vibe to production. I still want to see Wyatt on the main rosters, though, but I guess this will be a great little test run for the character.

Tyson Kidd and Michael McGillicutty got to work the main event to get the new era of NXT off with a bang, and it was a pretty nice little bout. These two could have a great match with each other in their sleep. It did at times feel like they were wrestling the same match as they did on NXT the other week (that really awesome one), but they did work some great stuff in there. I wish they would give a kayfabe reason for these two being involved in the new season of NXT, however. It could be that Dusty Rhodes has known these guys for years, since they grew up in the industry, and that he wanted them to work for him. Kidd could have said yes because he will take any chance he can to wrestle, while McGillicutty said yes under the advice of William Regal, who could be mentoring McGillicutty behind the scenes and telling him to get that practice in NXT so that he can go on to RAW and SmackDown! and dominate.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote