View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #30
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Jeff hasn't been Willow for a couple months now. Also, I might be misinterpreting what you said there but it seems like they're in a no win situation for you; it's bad if the card is filled with ex-WWE guys but it's also bad if it's filled with people with "no name recognition".
I agree that it's unfair to dismiss a promotion for having a roster of unknowns and whatnot, since otherwise you'd never be able to enjoy NXT or the indies or really anything that isn't Raw. However, I do think TNA has a problem of being incredibly inconsistent with the talent pool they have available. Like, I can watch a couple of episodes of New Japan or Chikara or whatever and get a decent feel for who matters and who doesn't in those promotions-- if Okada's a major name over there now, chances are he'll still be a major name over there a year from now. TNA, though, is terrible about rocketing guys to the top and then completely forgetting about them-- Magnus, Young, Aries, etc. The end result is that none of them feel important, and you end up with, like he said, a roster full of nobodies.

Though this is a problem WWE is just as bad about, if not worse, considering that everyone not named John Cena or Randy Orton seems to be completely disposable. But just saying "WWE does it too" doesn't make it any less of a problem.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote