View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 05:45 AM   #129
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I watched SmackDown for the first time in ages. Just didn’t feel like it last week, despite the Punk buzz. My thoughts:

* I don’t get this Kevin Patrick as an announcer. He’s obviously in the WWE mould. He brought up an interesting tidbit every now and then, but it’s just still that annoying Vince style.

* The opening segment was good in terms of story told, but it went FOREVER. Jimmy Uso was a bit hammy with his acting. Paul Heyman’s facial expressions are gold. Orton is great. It’s just…so long. It could be told a lot quicker.

* Carmelo Hayes looked impressive as shit. Man he’s a talent. Grayson Waller can go too. He’s quite innovative.

* Logan Paul’s little inserts were about as entertaining as the matches themselves.

* Owens and Theory was good wrestling too. Told a story around the hand. Theory seems to be doing more acrobatics. A nod to Waller teaming with him? He’s such a talent. Owens seems better than ever, to be honest.

* The women’s tag was alright. Seems like they’re abandoning the Bayley leaving the group storyline. That’s kind of interesting. Wonder if it’s kayfabe a strategy to put Charlotte off they don’t need now or if it’s still going to be a factor? I like Bayley has a specific goal in the Rumble.

* They advertised a lot for next week. The women’s tag and the US Title semi-finals. Dragon Lee vs. Butch is an interesting choice.

* Not sure I buy this Karrion Kross stuff.

* Jimmy Uso is quite the worker. I enjoyed his match with Orton. Dude is legit in that top mix, huh? The ending of the show was quite dramatic. Roman got physical, the drama between the top faces (and top heels) continued. The AJ return was well done and I’m intrigued by his heel tun. My guess is he’s reconsidered going against the Bloodline like Anderson suggested, and got annoyed seeing LA Knight take his spot and end up fine and getting a title shot.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote