View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #953
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
Yeah, I get that, but my point was that this is being treated like this is a frivolous and overly punitive punishment for a guy who knew about and lied about stopping an institution that *encourged* people to ignore safety of other players on opposing teams as opposed to knowing and just not telling that some of your players sold some autographs. No steroids, no cheating, no bounty system... just extra benefits for a few student athletes.

You're hearing a lot about how "violence is part of the game... bla bla bla..." and that this isn't as disgusting as it sounds, and that the only reason why Peyton got a year suspension instead of a few games is because of all the concussion heat about in the league right now and someone like a Manning or a Favre being a target for pass rushers looking for bonus dollars. Almost as if the thought is "yeah, it's bad, but it's not THAT bad."

Maybe you've got different sources than me, but based on what I've read and in my humble opinion, I don't think very many people outside of the Saints and a few idiot former players are that opposed to the punishments. Also, most analysts I've heard attribute the severity to the fact that he continued to allow the program to exist and lied to the Commissioner's office moreso than potential player lawsuits or who were targeted.