View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #21
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was ready to say Roman Reigns.

AJ Lee was an excellent second in the Big Show/Daniel Bryan program. She was an excellent "character" outside the ring in the aftermath of all of that stuff too. She really started to lose momentum when she started wrestling.

I was all on-board with her at the time, but in retrospect, her wrestling was pretty shitty. I mean, can anyone remember a great AJ Lee match? Some will blame dance partners, but even the stuff I really wanted to see, like AJ vs. Paige turned out to be quite the flat program.

I think AJ Lee is underrated as a manager/valet -- especially given how few people are given the chance to succeed in that role in the modern era. I think her position as a wrestler is, frankly, overrated. With all that being said, I put things back to my "Who would you rather have on your roster?" test. Right now, I'd probably have to go with AJ Lee, based solely on the charisma factor. Even if she were an announcer or a manager, she'd have more value than Roman Reigns, in my opinion. Again, I expect this to change once they stop working against Reigns and let him play into whatever natural charisma might be laying dormant there, but until he shows that, I think I can make more money with AJ Lee's personality than I can with Reigns' ring work.

I feel like this is a cheat because it is "Better Wrestler" and I am considering using AJ Lee in a non-wrestling role, but it's all part of the wrestling presentation, and it's all about getting over and making money. I could probably build up AJ Lee for a few big matches that would put butts in seats far more than "Here comes Roman Reigns again."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote