View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 AM   #42
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Rock vs Austin-Wrestlemania 15.
This was just a huge match in terms of how excited I was. 1999, and 2000 went on to be great years, but this match was the culmination of the greatest time period I've ever experienced watching a televised program, much less wrestling.
From Fall 98-this match, I have never been more engrossed. It was all leading up to this, and boy did it pay off. Austin winning after everything, the rock showing what he truly brought to the table, and the shock of someone kicking out of the stunner. The match is probably what cemented me as a lifelong fan.

WMXX- HHH vs Benoit vs Shawn Michaels. This is the match that kept me a fan. I had been disgusted by Triple H and the WWE in 2002 and 2003. I vowed to myself and those I watched with going into this match that if Benoit did not win the title, I would never watch wrestling again in my life. They vowed the same. Whether or not that would have held to be true (I swear it would have) is irrelevant. Because after the weeks leading up to it of anticipation, and the hours leading up to it of pure nervousness and anxiousness...it paid off. We were jumping up and down, getting in front of the screen and biting our nails until Benoit locked on the crossface. We were yelling TAP, TAP, TAP and then Triple H rolled over and seemingly out of the hold. We gasped, then Benoit locked it back in and we jumped right back up. Finally HHH tapped and we jumped to the ceiling (literally). Great night.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote