View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #1306
Hanso Amore
You can't teach that

Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Hanso Amore makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon View Post
There were serious detractors for all those guys too though. People said Leinart had no arm strength, Russell was a retard, Tebow was just a college stud, Carr never played real competition, Smith's hands were too small.

The "can't miss" QBs without any red flags have for the most part panned out. Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning were all can't miss guys. Can't really think of a recent can't miss QB prospect that was a bust.

Rivers - People had major concerns over his odd throwing motion

Palmer - Heavy Feet and was concerns over his "statue" esque playing style behind an amazing line

Ryan - There were NO DOUBT questions with his arm strength going into the draft. I honestly remember people debating Andre Woodson as the best pick at QB going into the combine.

Manning - This is too far out for me to remember off the top of my head.

Everyone has drawbacks and no one is a lock.

I KNOW that Manning would not have gotten the same pub if the internet was as big or there was as much media coverage as there is now. Times have changed and the news cycle and media is really pushing Luck to unfair levels.

Im not saying he wont be great. I think he could be. But treating it like a lock is silly.