View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #22
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
I can't be bothered going into detail really, but the gist is that in the documentary, she comes across as an attention whore who has no interest in wrestling at all, in fact she ridicules it constantly, but one day before a show at her dad's promotion, her brother injures himself and her dad asks her to be a last minute replacement in a tag team match, but she's not interested. Eventually, her mum talks her into doing it.

During her debut, she does sweet fuck all and just stands on the apron, but all the attention of the fans is on her because "she looks nice", so the dad starts using her to get the crowd in to his events and because she's such an attention whore, she agrees to go along with it.

Eventually, the WWE come to town and hold tryouts. Her brothers, who have been wrestling since they were kids and pretty much waiting for this day all their lives, go but are rejected. Paige, after being talked into going by her mum and being told that there's a chance of being famous, goes along too, despite being green as goose shit as she's only been getting training from her family for a year or less, but she gets accepted anyway and she says that she wasn't asked to do much at the tryout and hints that her looks are what got her accepted, as apparently one of the panel (I'm guessing Michael Hayes) kept commenting on her looks.

Back at home, her brothers are pretty much distraught, but Paige doesn't care that their dreams have been crushed, as she's goes ahead and talks to the documentary maker about how much she's looking forward to being "rich and famous" and she spews out a massive list of what she's going to buy with all her money.

She just came across as a terrible terrible human being in the documentary. Very shallow and somewhat Machiavellian.
Think that I watched this documentary once and it didn't seem "as bad" as you always make it out to be, and don't remember half the things you say happening actually happening......

WWE Paige still does seem like a crazy person/mega brat, but I didn't really get that too much from the documentary.........
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote