View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #559
mrslackalack
Mr. Slack A Lack Jack!

mrslackalack is "reptacular" (2,500+)mrslackalack is "reptacular" (2,500+)mrslackalack is "reptacular" (2,500+)
I read this in a forum about the whole Les Miles going to Michigan fiasco by ESPN.

Now from what I have been told is essentially behind the scenes is that UM and Miles through intermediaries had hammered out a deal that was palatable for both sides.
Essentially, Miles made it clear that he wanted to focus on the SEC Title game, then move forward from there, but wanted the focus on the game.
The agreement so to speak, was agreed to on Thursday or Friday, but the formal interview still had to take place. Have to do the interview.
I believe that UM's AD got fleeced in the Beilein deal from WVU...he hammered out deal and was too far down the road and was drubbed in the buyout of his conract from WVU.
Someone somewhere leaked the info Friday. Then Herbstreit ran with it as did some others.
At this point on Friday when this was going down, Miles became upset that all of this had happened against his wishes in all fairness to LSU.
The administration from LSU then stepped to the plate with a very lucrative deal and said we want you, why don't you just stay.
Miles decides that is what he wants to do...this leads into the impromptu presser on Saturday in Atlanta and then sends many in backpedaling.
Who leaked it? Why would they?.
There is a faction at UM that didn't want Miles, ala Carr. I believe that is one reason why Carr announced his retirement so quickly...fairly obvious though. Some have said that the prez favored Ferentz and AD Martin wanted Miles.
I don't think that Miles had told his players his intention. He may have but I doubt that is something you would want to do heading into a game with the magnitude of the SEC Title...and lingering BCS title hopes.
So obviously, the info got leaked but who did it?