Thread: Halo: Reach
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #504
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Map Updates:

Boosh Court is wider. Adjusted spawn points so you always start on your side (no more confusing half court spawns). Added explosive items for extra score effect (blue team will have Covenant cores for blue explosions). Added respawn invulnerability for a limited time to curb spawn camping or getting hurt during a score (Boosh Ball is Assault).

On to Holdoff, I added some obstruction in front of each base to eliminate free space and offer spawning teams extra cover. You can also climb these things for a good view into the map.

Only people who played Holdoff would notice the back area's adjustments. There's a new wall (right of the left spawn point) that will force players to commit to their entry point. That also removes an unnecessary route that added nothing to the game flow. Added a pillar (near right respawn point) that adds a tiny bit of complexity to the back area. On the pillar is a health pack; there's more health packs overall in Holdoff. Finally added a way to go from the back to the center/top of the map (grav lift peaking out in the back). This makes the map flow like the Halo 3 original, and adds much needed options for people in the back area.

Wanted to show the new area in Air Raid but the pics didn't load. It's a small base on a patch of land. It's the stage of the first phase of my Invasion gametype.

And speaking of that, I finally set it up properly! Even got certain vehicles and spawn areas to work exclusively in separate phases. Very happy and eager to try it out.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote