View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
thedarkness214

thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
WHEN DID THE “NUANCES” IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING STOP MATTERING?

pyroandballyhoo.com

When I worked for Vince McMahon, the one thing that he taught me that has still stayed with me to this day is that in wrestling–-the “nuances” matter. The little things, the small details, the sense that pulls all the non-sense together. That’s what separates an “Eh” scene from a MEMORABLE ONE!!!

Stephanie McMahon got arrested last night. OK, cool, different, no problem with the angle whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I give major props to WWE creative waking from their mental stupor from the previous week, and giving us something that was “out of the box”, or “different”. I applaud them publicly for that–-I really do. Last night’s RAW was a much better effort then the prior week–-hands down.

But, here’s the issue I have. The scene in which Stephanie was being arrested, was indeed GOOD, however, if those little nuances that Vince McMahon always used to talk about were put into play here–-it would have been GREAT! I’m going to go over that scene in great detail, in my next episode of The Swerve with Vince Russo podcast. I think if you hear me talk about it, rather than write about it–-you’ll gain more of an understanding. On top of that–-I much rather HEAR MYSELF rant, as opposed to just striking the keys on my keyboard really, really hard.

When did the details in professional wrestling become unimportant? I remember when I was on the front lines, this was a battle that I fought EVERY, SINGLE, DAY. Reason being–when something just flat-out didn’t make sense, and nobody KNEW how to make sense out of it, what would always be said in the room was, “IT’S WRESTLING”. Man, I used to hate those two words–-I still do. EVERYTHING in wrestling can make sense–if you make it a POINT to MAKE IT make sense. IF you don’t, you’re going to get a story that looks like swiss cheese on rye.

That’s what we got last night with Stephenie’s arrest. Even though–-I’m glad they did it. As you’re going to hear me say at nauseum–-EFFORT is the most important thing when putting a wrestling show together. If you swing and miss–-you have two more swings left. Not everything is going to hit the mark–-it’s all subjective–but, if you put your best pencil forward–that’s all you can do.

But, yeah, on next week’s podcast I’ll lay out how this scene could have been much better—-had the “nuances” been taken into consideration.

Oh, one more thing, the follow-up with Triple H deciding to leave Stephanie in jail while he finished up his business at the arena–was absolutely BRILLIANT! Kudos to Triple H, writers/producers.

http://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

TNARICK™ "The Legend" & R.I.C.K. Entertainment Provide you with the best forum signatures, topics, and polls available on the net.

Reality Is Controlled Knowledge

RUSSO 4 LIFE
thedarkness214 is offline   Reply With Quote