Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 AM   #123
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't want it so realistic that they comprimise the thing is all. He's using theatrics and the whole clown thing as a gimmick, just like Batman is. That's fine. He's going to be portrayed as a maniac I hope, which is fine. But the Joker needs to be maniacal and upbeat with a shit eating grin/evil twist. If they go for a moping depressed mime it's no good. I think that they're trying to get away from Nicholson and Hammil so much that they're actually moving away from what the Joker really is, because whether they like it or not they were in large part on par with it.
Theres much more they can explore, and a different direction can be taken, but you can only get so different when you're dealing with the same character. Yes he's sadistic and twisted, but he's also The fuckin Joker. It's too early to tell, but it'd be a terrible mistake to go too heavily for one aspect. The thing I dislike most is probably the messy makeup on the smile, and the heavy racoon eyeshadow. And most of all, even though it's only one picture, the fact that he isn't smiling.

I like the chelsea smile, but he had better have green hair and a splash of purple somewhere to go with it. I just want to see Joker smiling, not trying to look like some depressed harlequin's myspace. I can't judge it all til I see it, but I think Nolan tries to get TOO realistic at times.
One of Batman's better qualities has always been it's realistic roots, and its presence in the legal world full of corruption. But at the end of the day, it's a story about a billionaire ninja who dresses as a Bat and fights mobsters with gimmicks.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote