Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #2475
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Anthony Johnson lost his appeal to get that Burns loss over turned..

F'n bullshit they didn't do it, IMO..

Quote:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has rejected an appeal from UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson (5-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) to have his July 19 TKO loss to Kevin Burns changed to a no contest.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer explained the reasoning behind the decision in an email to MMAFrenzy.com.

"Based on advice from the Nevada Attorney General's office, the appeal was rejected due to lack of remedy."

The appeal, filed on behalf of Johnson by his manager Ken Pavia, requested the change because of the controversial stoppage in the "UFC Fight Night 14" bout.

Johnson was repeatedly poked in the eye during the contest, and Burns received several warnings for the infractions. Despite the warnings, Burns caught Johnson in the eye again late in the third round, and "Rumble" crumbled to the mat.

Referee Steve Mazzagatti did not initially realize the blow was illegal and halted the fight -- awarding a TKO victory to Burns.

Johnson's eye required surgery for a detached retina. Though Johnson has now fully recovered, the injury could have been career threatening.

Johnson was a recent guest on TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and said he was unconcerned with the Commission's final decision.

"My manager, Ken (Pavia), deals with that," Johnson said. "They can keep the loss on my record if they want to because I know I will come back better and stronger next time."
Johnson was a total class act when it happened and is being a total class act now.. Future champion right there..