View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #446
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What do you think Sami Zayn does at WrestleMania this year? It's hard to be excited about his current position on the card, but I do feel that he is valued as a guy that helps others look great. He was in quite a few MOTY candidates last year. I can't see him being left off the Mania card, but he doesn't feel like the sort of guy you just throw into the Battle Royal.

If they do go with Cena/Taker, AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn makes sense as a random Mania match with guys on the opposite disposition on the opposite brand looking to prove themselves. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a good match out of them.

There's always the possibility they just delayed his trade to SmackDown in order to get more out of his work with Strowman and that he ends up challenging for the IC Title there. I think we're heading towards Ambrose & Renee vs. Miz & Maryse for Mania now, but Miz could easily cost Ambrose the IC Title to someone like Ziggler who can put it on the line against Sami or do that Ladder Match they like to do.

Another possibility is to start something up with Rusev. There's another guy that should be featured in something, but he's more a natural fit for the Battle Royal than a Zayn would be. But Lana is also someone with some star qualities that they might like to tie into a story told between them.

Truth be told, while I like the idea of finally giving Dolph a singles match at WrestleMania, there are likely to be so many singles matches at Mania. A Ladder Match pitting Ziggler against Zayn, Kalisto, Kane, Crews, Corbin and someone like Harper or even Swagger would give the show more variety. You can build the singles feud between Ziggler and Zayn coming out of Mania.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote