Thread: Grindhouse
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 AM   #141
D Mac

D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder
It's not out here until the 31st of May , and word is it will be cut into two seperate films - nice one cunts just so you can get more of my money. I DON'T THINK SO!

I'll wait for a good copy to come avalible on Demonoid and download it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Mac
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/mo...10145009990001

'Grindhouse' May Be Split Into Two Films
Disappointing Opening Weekend May Lead to One Big Cut

APRIL 10 - The much-hyped double-feature approach didn't help the violent 'Grindhouse' at the box office. So the studio that released the movie may take the hatchet to it, cutting it down to two separate films.

The Robert Rodriquez-Quentin Tarantino -directed love letter to 70s exploitation films included two features, 'Planet Terror' and 'Death Proof.' Each film runs nearly 90 minutes and they are surrounded by fake movie trailers.

While fanboys ate up the concept, it failed to connect with audiences this past weekend, pulling in $11.6 million, which was only good enough for fourth place at the box office. Much milder fare, including the Ice Cube family comedy 'Are We Done Yet,' placed higher.

Harvey Weinstein , who has worked with both directors throughout their careers, told Page Six that 'Grindhouse' may now be split in two and that extended versions of 'Terror' and 'Proof' will be released seperately overseas and on DVD by distributor Dimension Films.

"I don't think people understood what we were doing," Weinstein says. "The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."

He also said the running length of 'Grindhouse' -- over three hours -- may have keep audiences away.

'Grindhouse' represents a break in the momentum for Rodriquez and Tarantino R-rated openings. Tarantino's last two efforts, the 'Kill Bill' films, opened with an average of $23 million, while Rodriquez's 'Sin City' and 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' averaged $26 million.
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote