Thread: JDS or Overeem?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
JDS or Overeem?

I feel like JDS is a more favorable match up for Alistair than Brock was. Dos Santos prefers to stand and bang which is something Overeem does better than almost any other heavyweight. Plus, JDS is predominantly a boxer while Overeem has knees and kicks.

JDS also holds KOs over guys who are primarily jiu jitsu fighters or have no chin (Struve) while he didn't put away stronger fighters like Big Country and Carwin, although he did batter them. I think the Velasquez fight would have played out differently if Cain didn't have the knee injury but that's just me.

Also, I don't think JDS's take downs are to be feared like Brock's and I don't think he's as dangerous on the ground as Werdum is.

Could be a good win for him. Plus, Overeem as HW champion would be huge for the sport. He's a larger then life character, who's likable and can be marketed heavily in North America and Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Every time NBT signatures something, an angel gets its wings.