View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
I'm going to say ... Vader

He was scary in WCW, I'm pretty sure he was a pop culture icon to redneck's all over the United States and small sized Japanese people in ... Japan.

His matches with guys like Sting, Foley, Flair were really good in WCW. To be honest I can't think of any other "great" opponents he had in WCW, but I do know that he was my favorite guy to watch squash somebody.

I know he's a legend in Japan and I saw his RF Shoot Video long ago and got exposed to a lot of his work there, and it was pretty intense. Even so I'd say his best matches were with Sting, particularly The Great American Bash '92 with stands out as his best match.

When Gorilla Monsoon chopped his nipple off on RAW and Vader just kept coming I knew he was a force to be reckoned with. However we all know that HBK was scared to work with him and a kept him on the lower end of the main event scene that year.

I think that Vader could have been an even bigger pop culture icon in WWF than WCW, a sort of antithesis to Hulkamania, the exact opposite of a WWF babyface.

And I love Goldust but yeah when you post that photo I can't vote for him.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote