Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #809
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class Act Carl View Post
I wasn't thinking "save Two Face for another movie!!! it'll make SHITLOADS of cash and be AWESUM!!!"... rather, there was more of the Two Face story that could have been explored, and it's just a shame we didn't get to see it because it could have been a strong story for another day in its own right.

One thing I've learned though is that it's pointless arguing with fanboys because if you dare express an opinion slightly slanted away from "this film is 10/10, best film ever made in any genre ever, Nolan for Pope, Bale for President" then it will just be belittled and brushed aside, so I've said my piece. Not that it was right or wrong.

I'm a fanboy and my opinion is that it's the best film ever because I think you're dead wrong about an aspect of it?
I just disagree with you, and I'm not a blind fanboy. I see movies for what they are and judge them honestly equally.
For ginstance, I thougth Spiderman 3 sucked and I loved Spiderman 2. I thought X files 2 sucked and I love Xfiles. I thought Batman Begins was great, but that it had it's flaws.
I wasn't even a huge Batman fan before this. Loved the cartoon and the movies growing up and was always familiar with the stuff, but I wasn't into big until I saw this movie. I even had gripes with Batman Begins.

I see the flaws and have honest views on every movie I see whether it be Godfather or Jaws The Revenge.
Has nothing to do what I think of the source material prior. I would sweep over a flaw in my mind just because it's Batman.
I don't deal in absolutes and say, "I like this material or this movie so it's a 10, and I didn't like this so it's a 1". I'm pretty honest and fair.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote