View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #40
Crashnburn
R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero

Crashnburn has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Crashnburn has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
k... I'm back. Still pissed off about this thing. Let me see if I can get this all straight. Maybe it will help others if they have questions about this.

Lesnar trained for years to become a big name in pro wrestling, to get a job in the WWE and make the big bucks. WWE notices him, signs him and begins working on way to introduce "the Next Big Thing". WWE pumps a lot of money into Brock to build him up into a star, they even have Legends like Flair and Hogan job to him. The icing on the cake is when the WWE has Lesnar when the WWE Undisputed Title from the Rock. For the next couple of years Lesnar pretty much dominates Smackdown and is constantly in the main event picture. WWE is paying Lesnar millions at this point and have even given him his own private jet to make his traveling problems easier. One day Brock just announces he's going to quit to follow his dream of being an NFL star. He walks out on the company who made him who he is and which incidently even made it any little bit possible for him to get the kind of try out he got with the Minn. Vikings. Do you really think anyone else who hasn't played football since High School would of gotten that far in the training camp as he did? On his way out WWE says, "If you want out of your contract you need to sign this no compete clause, meaning that you will not be able to wrestle, cage fight, or shoot fight for any other companies in the world until the year 2010." Lesnar goes ahead and signs it figuring that he's about to become a big NFL star and he'll never come back to wrestling. Once it became obvious that Lesnar's dreams of being an NFL star were not going to happen he starts calling WWE to get his job back. One catch he's not calling to fullfill his old contract, no, he's asking for more money and to work less dates. Why in the world does he think WWE will go for that? He walked out on the company when they needed him, he bombed in the NFL (if he had made some kind of impact then maybe it would of given WWE a reason to take him back) and he's asking for more money for less work? So, anyways, WWE and Vince don't return his phone calls because... well, would you? So his bright idea instead of sucking it up and lowering his asking price and working all the dates that the other WWE wrestlers do he tries to sue them so he can get out of the "no compete" clause to wrestle somewhere else. Yeah, like the WWE is going to let that happen. Brock, if by some small chance you're reading this do yourself a favor and drop the lawsuit and swallow your pride. You had it good in WWE, you had a contract for millions of dollars, you had a private jet, you had fans that worshipped you, and you were made the youngest champion at that time. Wake up, man, and realize you're blowing this whole thing.
Crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote