Thread: Cena/Taker
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #55
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
I do too. WWE goes with "weaker" choices when they have big main events lined up. Naka would be perfect at WM vs AJ Styles.
Reasons why they might do it:

* The match would be awesome. MOTY candidate and a good showing at WrestleMania.

* Gets some of that investment back on the big Japanese star you signed. Could make a splash in international markets. Although I don't think Nakamura signing made much difference, I don't think it would stop WWE from trying.

* AJ wants the match?

* The smarks want the match, and that smark audience is going to be in full-swing at Mania. Catering to them might be wiser than depriving them.

Reasons they might not do it:

* AJ Styles is a good promo, but is he a guy they really want to carry the talking heading into a WrestleMania program?

* Babyface match. Not an ideal way to crown Nakamura, should you want him to be a top babyface on SmackDown. Right, wrong or otherwise, crowd negativity to a title change could be anticipated.

* "New Japan! New Japan! New Japan!" May not be a chant Vince wants to hear in his WWE Title match.

* Nakamura's first WrestleMania. I'm sure he's respected, but it could be seen as "jumping the line" a bit. Vince likes to test guys.

* Although he's beaten John Cena and Randy Orton, he's also lost to Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor and Sasha Banks. "Randomly" giving him the Rumble might not be the hot direction people think.

* Why give the people what they want?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote