View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #205
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike adamle View Post
That interview seemed pretty legit. You can't go into a country that doesn't give women all the rights they do with men and be like "fuck you we're putting women on the show." What they can do is suggest they allow women to come to the show with the thought that maybe a few years down the line they might be able to integrate some women onto the show. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.
I don't think the issue is whether or not WWE should put women on the show this year. I think that's a very clear-cut impossible thing. People are more upset about the perceived hypocrisy of a promotion claiming to be at the forefront of progressive rights for female performers and women in general, and then accept a big sack of money from a country that still treats its female populous like shit and say "Yay! Saudi Arabia!"

People understand that the WWE want the money. People understand that they literally cannot put women on the show. A lot of people just think it's really scummy. They want to pretend they are a program that set good role-models for little girls -- "You can be a superhero too!" -- but then they go into business with one of, if not the, most brutally regressive countries in the world for a buck.

I have zero faith in the morals of WWE, and I've never been a fan of wrestling for that. Their women are still used for their sex appeal and not primarily for their talents. They don't give a shit if Moolah was a pimp. They don't give a shit that women get mistreated all over the world. They literally could not give a fuck. It just bothers people who believe they do, or that they should.

If I were writing a piece on the moral fabric of the WWE, then I would tear them apart for how they treat their women domestically, let alone their international practices. There is a case to be made that they are sexist and racist, and that their tokenistic pandering is shallow and detrimental and they should just fucking stop and no one should give them any money. But I don't believe they are "good" in any sense of the word, and I don't think anyone takes them seriously, and if they weren't fucking shit and did fucking shit things for so fucking long, they wouldn't need all this bullshit PR in the first place and their audience wouldn't exclusively be fat, white men.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote