View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #471
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sting has a point. But I'm sure he would have been utilized much differently with his track record and his veteran status. Plus I feel that the Rock comment wasn't nearly as harsh as he says. He made the same comment about Paul Wight on his arrival, but they presented him as a huge aquisition.

It's more in accordance with Rocks character than it is with what WWE is trying to accomplish. Although it does happen to relate to much of their view on incoming WCW guys.

I feel HHH's "yea you're 5 time wcw champion, but lets face it that place was a joke" comment is far worse than Rock's "who in the hell is this roody poo?" remark.
Simply because with The Rock, its his character. He did it to Big Show, Booker and Jericho. In all cases WWE pushed them at the time as big arrivals. Its kind of The Rock mocking them, even though he really does know who they are. They're a new face, and he's shitting on that for his promo.

With the HHH remark, its as though he knows who the wrestler is, he knows what they did, he's followed them all along and he's well aware of their stature. But he shits on the place they came from and that trickles down to them. Its more of an intent, direct burial. Whereas The Rock's, was inadvertant and more character based, given the situation of a newcomer coming into his yard.