View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #7
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
I thought "This isn't going to go down well with the (non-casual) fans".

I got the symbolism of it, and I understand why they didn't want to do a big brawl, but it looked so, so silly. Like two kids fighting over a toy.

They could have had a bit of a shoving match and flood the ring with referees, security, agents, even other superstars holding both men back (and not doing that whole "They keep getting free" deal).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
I think it looked kind of silly. Would have been much better to just go off on a STAREDOWN.

Trying to steal the belt doesn't really mean jack... you haven't earned it, so it doesn't really mean anything....

You stare him down, though, that shows that you have "no fear" and that you are coming for that belt.... etc...
Either of these would have been great. Flooding the ring with officials makes both guys look strong, especially if Reigns flies in with a Superman Punch, then a small brawl (for it all), and final seperation with Lesnar telling Reigns that he'll see his ass at Wrestlemania.

Always thought those staredowns where the opponents mouth off to one another, sans mic, worked well too. Seems to create a genuine "dislike" for one another, like they are talking shit just to one another rather than for cheers/boos.

The tug of war was silly. A few moments it looked like Lesnar was actually trying to hand the belt to Reigns while pulling it away at the same time to make it "believable".
drave is offline   Reply With Quote