View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 04:17 PM   #13
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John la Rock
I think Hogan will get way better pop than Austin because of 2 reasons.

1. Wrestlemania XX is in Madison Square Garden, the place Hogan won his 1st WWF title. The fans love him everywhere he goes cause of all the great things he has done for the company. He put this damn company on the map and everywhere he goes he gets mad pops cause of nostalgia. People love cheering for the man because 99 % of wrestling fans were Hulkamaniacs growing up.

2. Austin would get a big pop when he comes out but it wouldn't mean shit once the match starts. Want proof, watch Hogan vs Rock at WM X8. Rock was the biggest face and WE booed his sorry ass out of the Skydome.

You can cheer for Austin all you want but I guarantee they'll be at least twice as many Hulkaminacs cheering for Hogan
I disagree

Rock was already getting booed in some towns because he was satrting his movie career, and people just were getting tired of his act. Watch the build to WM X-Seven, he was getting booed then as well.

I think Austin is different from Rock, I think if he were to do a promo against Hogan, he would have the fans on his side. Hogan comes off as a relic from the past whereas Austin is more of an in your face ass kicker, that I think fans would get behind.

I'm, not saying its a guarantee either way, but I would put my money on Austin getting more cheers.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote