View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #20
Stickman
Stickman

Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny5682
I'd have to go with Austin simply because I believe when it comes to Wrestling Austin passed Hogan up with crowd support.

Hogan made wrestling in the early 90's... Austin may very well be the reason most of the people here are watching it now. Austin is the main reason the WWF took over the ratings war against the WCW after they brought in the nWo... and Austin drew A TON of fans into the product.

Even when Austin was a heel the crowd had a very rough time accepting the fact that he was in fact a heel. Every time that glass breaks the crowd goes extremely wild.

A lot of people liked Hogan, and the crowd was really into his matches. But I think the crowd was more passionate over Austin. Every time he hits the stunner the crowd goes insane. He has the crowd from beginning to end simply by being in the ring.

The Rock got boo'd out of the building but I think that had a lot to do with The Rock's character getting old. The Rock also got boo'd against Lesnar... and the crowd was half against him when he wrestled Flair on Raw. Also The Rock "selling out" to do movies had something to do with that.

It would be interesting to see but I'd have to believe the crowd would go with Austin.
You gotta remember, everytime Flair wrestles the crowd is at least half on his side.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote