View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 02:53 AM   #395
Dark One
King of Suplexes/Oxy

Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
The only (admittedly nitpicky) complaint I have about this film is how quickly the idea of Ultron was introduced. What I mean is, Stark and Banner just have this seemingly rushed conversation about "hey, remember that one thing we worked on?" in the middle of a movie/tv continuity that likes planting seeds, hints, nods, and easter eggs... but this just comes out of thin air?

But, whatever. Still thoroughly enjoyed it. Twice.
This was my major complaint. It seemed a lot like it existed for the sake of existing and to fill a gap to build to other things. That's not bad but it's not what I've come to expect from the Marvel universe. Most of the groundwork in the last several movies have been Thanos/Infinity Gem stuff... which makes this movie just a filler, almost. That's pretty shitty.

Part of what made the first one so exceptional was that it was the climax of years of build-up. This one was just like "Hey. Here's Avengers 2!" I know there were bits, but compared to how much time has devoted to what will be the third and fourth one, it's almost negligible.

It was good, but most of their movies have been great or epic in no small part because of the continuity and all the movies weaving together. This is also the one thing that won't be really helped with cut footage being re-added. This is something they kind of dropped the ball on for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Also one thing I haven't seen mentioned that really needs mentioning is just how well the fight scenes are put together. The way the Avengers work together, and combine their powers and techniques for all kinds of double team maneuvers and such. It was present in Avengers, but they really amped it up here, which makes sense since they've been fighting together for a while now tracking down the scepter.

I've just never seen that kind of thing done in a superhero movie as well as it's done here.
The double team moves were really great, but I felt like there were way more jump cuts and obvious CGI in a lot of the fights. I get that they're fighting a glowing robot, but, some of the scenes--like the Wakanda part--had a shit ton of jump cuts.

All in all, I wish for what might have been, but I'm still happy I saw it.

Twelve suplexes out of sixteen.
Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote