View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #245
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Without the streak I don't think it's anymore than the sum of its parts, frankly. When the streak was still there, it had this "Oh god, Cena could do it" feel. Now, without it, Cena beating The Undertaker would just "Of course he did" and Taker beating Cena would actually kind of suck. Part of Cena's charm is that he's been "the guy" for so long. If it turns out that he's just second to a dude who has been around even longer than him, it's just kind of...deflating.

Fuck, at this point I'd rather Cena and Taker team up to face The Wyatt Family for the Tag Team Titles. There's at least some drama there. Plus, I think that Cena vs. Taker, from an in-ring perspective, may not click as well as everyone expects two men of their stature to click at. I don't think it will suck, but I think there will be lulls where people realize "Oh fuck, this is a bit underwhelming, isn't it?" Let it just swim in people's imaginations OR just have them fight at a different PPV. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but I think Taker vs. Cena at Survivor Series, the birthplace of The Undertaker, in Houston, Survivor Series XXX would be a lot better for both men. Cena can properly heel it up, and it doesn't carry that "taking spots" vibe because it's fucking Survivor Series and it needs it.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote