View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
DLVH84
Samurai Rocker

DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)DLVH84 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
but yeah, Dynamite and the Rougeaus is the best story. Was gonna post 4 or 5 linked vids on Youtube that tell the whole story by putting together clips from various guys shoot interviews but they seem to have been taken down. Gist of it basically was:

- Curt Hennig ribbed the Rougeaus by fucking with their bags. The Rougeaus for one reason or another assumed the Bulldogs had done it and basically let it be known that if it happened again, they'd tell the office.

-Dynamite heard and being the "tough guy hothead" he is, cheap shotted Jacques by slapping him out of his chair from behind while he was playing cards. Jacques had a go back but came out on the losing end. Raymond (the "tough one") had a bad knee injury and was basically taunted by Dynamite, who knew he couldn't do anything

- Tension built over the next few days/weeks about retaliation etc to the point where the Rougeaus considered shooting the guy (something to do with having a reputation to "live up to" in Montreal) Dynamite had continued the taunting over this time, constantly asking Ray "how is knee was " etc

- Dynamite is in catering at a TV taping with Pat Patterson, Jacques has a roll of quarters in his hand and sucker punches Dynamite in the mouth knocking most of his front teeth out. He apparently landed a few more clean shots before it was broken up. I think my favourite part of the whole thing is the fact Dynamite never went down.

- Vince ended the whole thing by getting the four of them together and basically saying there'd be no more retaliation or whoever was involved wouldn't get paid. This was all right before Survivor Series 1988 and was basically the beginning of the end for the Dynamite Kid.
I also heard at that Survivor Series, the Rougeaus got eliminated early that they had to leave the arena in their ring gear with no time to change.
DLVH84 is offline   Reply With Quote