View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #22
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollermacka View Post
It's just something that a lot of people don't think about when they dream about a match between Sting and the Undertaker. It's not gonna be 97 Sting returning with huge arms and a silent demeanor, it's a 56 year old man with almost 30 years of wrestling wear and tear on his body. I'm sure Sting was still trying that last year in TNA, feuding with Magnus and EC3 but he just couldn't do it anymore. As much as I love the Undertaker, I wanna remember him for his performances against HHH and HBK, not as the almost 50 year old man who struggled to keep up with the much younger Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania last year. As much as I'd want to see the match, I don't wanna see them tarnish their legacies anymore.
One of the reasons why I said Cena. Cena can do a bit of the heavy lifting, so to speak. He doesn't have to carry the match against a couple of considerably younger guys who aren't exactly green, but aren't really vets either. It could be an entertaining last hurrah for The Stinger, while not an epically technical matchup, it would put asses in seats like Rock/Hogan. While Sting may have lost some steps, it isn't like he's in the "physically can't/shouldn't do it anymore" territory that Undertaker sadly is. Or Flair, for that matter. Not saying he'd come in and look like Steamboat when he took on Jericho either, but I would think Sting has a couple more left in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisen KOTF View Post
Fake Sting vs Fake Undertaker (surfer vs biker) only
You were being a smartass, and accidentially came up with a great idea. Two fakes do traditional entrances (as Crow and Goth), lock up, have a short back-and-forth match, then the real ones come out with full pomp and circumstance (Surfer and Biker). They stare eachother down, turn to their fake counterparts, and destroy them. Show of respect to eachother in the ring, an equally awesome exit and that's that.

No extended wear on 'Taker or Sting and gives everyone watching an epic moment.