View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
Zeeboe

Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
According to Kurt Angle's book, Vince McMahon once (jokingly) jumped him backstage and took him down. (Vince has a background in Amateur wrestling and for some reason felt the need to prove himself to Angle.)

In typical Vince fashion, he reminded Kurt every chance he got that he was the only one backstage to ever take Angle down.

On a plane ride, Angle decided to get his revenge and took Vince down in the aisle. McMahon then became obsessed with continuing this little feud and attempted to shoot on Angle every chance he got.

During one of the scuffles, their noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker. Taker obviously did not realize McMahon and Angle were just fooling around, so he grabbed Kurt from behind and promptly choked him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanso View Post
I love that the most popular backstage war was completely Curts fault.

Like seriously, they had no actual beef. Curt is the fucking man.
He sure is. Another funny Curt-related story that lead to a legit fight happened in the AWA when Vader was wrestling as Bull Power. Former heavyweight boxer, Scott LeDoux was also part of the AWA locker room, challenging future AWA World Champion, Larry Zybsko around the country in some boxer vs. wrestler bouts.

An argument pursued after a card, where Vader refused to sign autographs.

"Sign for the kids," LeDoux demanded. "You think you're too good to sign for the kids?"

Vader made some comment about LeDoux "getting his ass beat in boxing all the time."

LeDoux responded by knocking Vader's NFL career, "you did great at college, but you couldn't do shit with the big guys, yer chicken shit..."

Vader retaliated, "You got your ass beat by eight World Champions, you couldn't beat nobody..."

Marty Jannetty tried to defuse the situation, "I'll sign autographs, I'll do it for you," as Vader and LeDoux were preparing for a fight.

Things were starting to calm down, but Curt Hennig started being typical Curt and quickly brought the topic up again before things could calm down and began egging Vader on and said, "I think you should sign autographs Leon!"

LeDoux agreed with Hennig, and this got Vader and LeDoux arguing again. (Curt, you evil bastard. )

Vader shouted to LeDoux - "I fought a a boxer before, I'll fight you."

LeDoux shot back with "I'd love to knock you out."

Finally, Shawn Michaels managed to calm the two behemoths down.

The next day, the AWA stars had a flight to catch; Vader and LeDoux were jawing at each other again. That night in the dressing room, Scott was screaming, as his and Vader's Gucci bags had been locked together *perfectly*, and the two had to walk through the airport resembling a couple!

Guess who screwed with their bags....

Last edited by Zeeboe; 10-09-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Zeeboe is offline   Reply With Quote