View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #23
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think Kalisto will get the call-up from NXT and that his shtick will actually work. Sin Cara was handled pretty badly. Mistico himself wasn't right for the main roster at the time, then there where the injuries, but the presentation of the character itself wasn't quite right. The lighting is off-putting and has the story behind the guy actually be explained? He's basically Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel, except in a mask and from Mexico. I'd say that Kidd and Gabriel actually have more depth as characters somehow. Hunico will do his best, but he's quite a bit older than most guys who receive big pushes and just...isn't Sin Cara. He did great as Sin Cara Negro, but he's trying to take over a role that hasn't really been created for or by him.

Kalisto, however, I see coming in fresh and having great presentation. They can give him a silver sun against a black background as a logo and present him as this really cool high-flying marvel. They can drop hints on commentary that he's interested in Japanese culture as well, and that he carries himself like a samurai. He'd just be this "edgier" luchador and seem "heavier" in terms of style than a Sin Cara or even a Rey Mysterio. I also think he could come in with credibility out the gate and not lose very often. I kind of feel like the "Kalisto" character seems more like it was created by the WWE, and that Sin Cara was more that they lifted something in Mexico that worked and tried to get behind it. But I see Kalisto fitting the WWE far more and getting quite a fair way. Not a World Title run in 2014 or anything, but I can see him mixing it up in RAW and SmackDown main events by the end of the year, at least teasing the possibility that he might get a strong push at some point (much like they use to hint with Rey Mysterio before Eddie Guerrero died).
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote