View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #36
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
Wow...almost cancels out the awesome hats.
No, what cancels out the awesome hats were the obvious reason: premature balding. The hat was neccessary on a guy who's gimmick relied on his looks.

As for the subject at hand, I was a Buff mark too back then. A lot of us may have been. But all the wiser, cynnical smarkiness or any hijinks with his mother aside, there is no way in HELL he'd have been over in ECW. This is mainly because, as it has been previously stated in this thread, his ringwork sucked by and large and he wouldn't have been accepted by the fans, and also previously stated by me a few sentences ago, his gimmick relied pretty much on his looks. Remember who else had that going for him? Tommy Dreamer. And we all know the story of how he had to be stiffed with a kendo stick in public to help him get over that. Buff would have likely punked out.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote