View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #26
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
-Did Hulk Hogan survive as "Hollywood Hogan" in WCW? Up until the point where Hogan left the WWE, had Hulk Hogan been defined by his gimmick? Was the attraction of Hogan based entirely within his gimmick? Was Hogan completely incapacitated when he jumped ship?

Seriously - you need to start using your brain.

The obvious answer to your question, is yes....both men would survive just fine.

Idiot.
Wow, that's got to be one of the stupidest comparisons I have ever read. Hulk Hogan was not defined by his "gimmick," but by his very name power. What worked about Hollywood Hogan was that he was an evil sell-out version of Hogan. It was a follow-up and evolution of his red and yellow hero, not a forced name change.

And of course The Undertaker and Kane are WWE lifers, people. Actually, I can see Kane retiring and doing his own thing and just being on good terms with the company, but I can't see the WWE's relationship with either souring. Kane has had his character screwed over by the WWE so many times, and yet he still sticks around and puts his best foot in. It is merely the hypothetical we are suggesting.

To phrase the question another way: Are The Undertaker and Kane too bound by their gimmick to draw purely as performers?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote