View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #44
.44 Magdalene
Smitten for Kittens

.44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Goldberg vs Diamond Dallas Page. Halloween Havoc, I think, be damned if I know what year.

I know, it probably sounds terrible. You gotta understand, though--I barely watched any WWF at that point. I was a WCW man to be sure, and I was a massive Diamond Dallas Page mark. Back when I still collected action figures and thought it was all real, DDP was my freaking hero. He was cool. He was stylish. His finisher had a sweet name, and he could hit it from anywhere...making it one of the most devestating moves in WCW at the time, as far as I was concerned. Seriously, I'd sometimes watch for the sole purpose of seeing Page. I really think DDP did more to keep my attention on wrestling than Hogan did (I might have known of Hogan first, but I never watched wrestling to see Hogan).

Versus Goldberg. Cue music. Going against Goldberg was a guaranteed career funeral. This was in the hayday of his undefeated streak, when almost anyone who stepped into the ring with him was going to be made fodder of. I didn't care at the time, of course, not yet understanding the mechanics of the Job. All I knew was that if anybody could beat Goldberg, it was my main man DDP.

Holy fuck was I wrong. Was it a good match? I can't remember. It's one of the matches that stuck out the most in my mind, though, even though it was that damn long ago, and at a time that I didn't understand jack shit. I still remember the handshake and the respect hug and everything at the end. DDP lost the match, but he still looked like a million bucks...and I'd still mark out for that magnificent son of a bitch.
.44 Magdalene is offline   Reply With Quote