View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #5038
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

And hell, if I were a betting man, I'd be picking the Giants to win on Sunday. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not blind to the Falcons' inconsistencies. Matt Ryan still had a career year this year in his first year with the offense (mostly) under his control. The Falcons' defense, not offense, will likely be the deciding factor in their playoff games. I trust Matt and Co. to put up points. The only reason they might not put up enough points is, like I said before, a coaching decision. The Falcons are almost guaranteed to run ball control, while teams like the Packers and Saints will just score well past them.

And Matt Ryan can't throw a deep ball well to save his life. That doesn't help much either.
The Falcons are pretty easy to figure out, and it's no wonder the fan base hates Murlarkey and Van Gorder so much. The offense didn't put up points today, but it certainly isn't the fault of Matt Ryan. You can basically tell whether the Falcons are going to pass or run on almost every play, and the defense almost never disguises what they're doing. The Falcons' staff mistakes gutsy philosophy with going for it on 4th down with the same shit rather than mixing it up on offense 1st-3rd and mixing it up on defense as well.