View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #18
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
I'd say no mostly because Cena is still around and has that spot locked until Reigns is ready to take over. Maybe could do it for a short period if he had a "Summer of" moment like Punk did but don't see him leaping over Cena/Reigns to become the defacto #1 face.

Even reclaiming his spot as the #2 guy after Cena/Reigns is going to be tougher now because of Bryan and how much the crowd has grown behind him the past few years.

Great post and agree with most of it.

Only thing I'd say in defense of that, is that..........

1) WWE Management aren't firmly behind Daniel Bryan in terms of going "all out" with him and so Bryan being 'top dog' may be far more sporadic.

2) The WWE Universe aren't fully on board with Roman Reigns, and if Reigns push ends up flopping as a result of this, then we could see Reigns be demoted in half a year or so........like after Summerslam 2015 fo instance.

3) John Cena might still be the #1 guy, but unlike 2005-2013, Cena doesn't even have to be in the main-events anymore to be that guy. Last year's Wrestlemania was a good example of this.

These are some of the reasons why I think badass Face Orton might have a shot of succeeding.
Heyman is offline   Reply With Quote