View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #1223
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Has anyone done Mission 13? It was insanely frustrating. We have to:
Win via time out in a 60 sec long match
We only have 25% health
AI only has 5% health
So we can't really attack and we can't just block the whole time because you'll get chipped to death.
The two AI's you're up against are Guile that can throw Sonic Booms one after another, no charging, and Law who is able to leap right across the screen with a kick, so you can't really run from him.

I tried every character that had a teleport and I'd still get nowhere. I think I tried it that much the AI may have actually got bored. It just seemed to stop trying.
Or it might have been because I got sick of the BGM and put on Gangrels theme instead. Either way, I managed to pass it on the first attempt after I put that music on.

The AI in the missions is using gems that aren't available to us yet. The "Beyond Being Human" mission has Ogre using a gem that activates a strength boost for him when you trigger your Ultra. It doesn't have to connect, you just have to activate it.

Dan likes to tell us to buy more gems in mission mode.
It seems like some of the missions are specifically designed to encourage you to buy gems. Like they're so ridiculous that you'll need to buy a better gem.
Take Mission 13. I couldn't think of a gem that activated speed or anything in the conditions that mission allowed. The conditions tend to be "do X number of attacks" or "get hit by X number of attacks", which you can't really do with such low health on both teams.
The AI in that mission always triggered cross assault, though. With Ogre having a gem in another mission that triggered when an Ultra was activated, I'm thinking there will be a speed or Iron Wall gem that activates when your opponent does a cross assault.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote