View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #1232
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
To keep it short, the game makes no sense.

I jumped over Akuma during his hurricane kick and I get wacked by his leg yet when people jump over Zangief during the lariet, I can't hit them so I'm left spinning for 3 more seconds and unable to stop, totally vulnerable. That's screwed me over a lot. That move should hit those in front of me and behind, just like Akumas hurricane kick should and does.

Personally, it feels like they included my style of character but then didn't think about a way to make them useable. People can hit me before I even stand up or "Wake up" attack yet I can't respond in kind.
You get far too long to escape my guys grapples. Hell, I was fighting Chun-Li yesterday online and I did Hugos running grab. She was able to avoid it by just walking away. I caught up to her but she was still walking so it didn't register.
I've had a lot of fights both on and offline and it seems like my guys moves can be beaten by almost anything.

People can juggle me as long as they like but I can't juggle more than 3 hits with my guys before the game refuses to let anything else conect.
I still loath the long life obliterating combos everyone but Zangief and Hugo seem to be able to do.

So, over all, Zangief and Hugo can't move fast, they can't do huge combos, they can't seem to take as much damage as they should, they can't grab quickly, everything seems to beat all of their moves, they can't attack before people stand up or attack before they themselves stand up, certain moves that should do certain things don't etc.
So I'm feeling like I've been hugely let down. If my style is in the game, my style should actually be in with a chance of winning.
Instead, players that choose one of the bland angsty twats in the game can throw fireballs or memorise a single long combo to repeat the entire time and win.

It's a fighting game that punishes the player that wants to actually fight and rewards the player that wants to spam a move or memorise one single combo.

Pandora is useless, Cross Assault is useless, Auto Combo is annoying when it's triggered accidently (I've not got it set to the sticks) and costs me that chunk of EX I was saving for later.

The AI is awful. Hardest is not a challenge. The closest it gets is when the AI spams something, which it likes to do. Pyscho crusher over and over before I can stand up, Sonic Boom one after another like they're hadoukens, no charging. Making cheap AI doesn't equal challenging AI.

Ranked is everyone picking the same characters are repeating the same combo the entire time.
Spamming actually pays off in this game.

I could go on and on and on. This actually is the short version.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote